Providing Initial and Continuing Education Hours to the Wisconsin Construction Trades




Continuing Education Completions, All Certifications, Licenses or Registrations

The State of Wisconsin (DSPS) will send you a renewal reminder prior to the expiration of your certification/registration or license. If you are notified that you can renew online, copy and paste this link to your browser:

If you did not receive the renewal reminder or obtained your continuing education after the expiration date; contact the Department of Safety & Professional Services by email at or call them at 608.266.2112 to request the renewal requirements.



DSPS Walk In Service

If you need your license renewed immediately you can travel to Madison, Wisconsin to renew. They have a counter service to renew at 1400 East Washington Street. If you have questions you can call them at 608.266.2112.

Which Contractor License Do I Need?

Dwelling Contractor: This certification is for the business. You need to submit a form to the State of Wisconsin along with a certificate of insurance. (Obtained from your insurance company). Note this license needs to be renewed every year. NO continuing education is required!

Dwelling Contractor Qualifier: This license is for the individual who is an owner of the company, or an employee of the company. In order to obtain this license, you must first complete an initial qualifier course and pass with a score of 70%. Once you complete this course, the course provider will send you a certificate that you attach to the Credential application. This license has a continuing education requirement to renew the license. You must obtain at least 12 hours of continuing education every 2 years to renew this license.


Electricians, Plumbers and other Construction Trades: These trades have continuing education requirements. Each trade has a different renewal cycle, however a continuing education requirement must be met to renew.

All of our courses are approved by the Department of Safety and Professional Services. We will send you the reference materials and the exam. You can study at your own pace and take the exam at your convenience. Once you pass the exam we will send you a Certificate of Completion.

Check Your Credential Numbers  and Credits Needed Here.

Find out how many hours you need and expiration dates for both individual and business licenses by clicking below.


DSPS General Contact Information

DSPS Administrative Code

UDC Frequently Asked Questions

Lead Safe Renovation Information

Credential/License Search

Assorted Professional Applications

Replacement Card Request Form

Uniform Dwelling Code Program For 1 & 2 Family Dwellings

Contractor Credential Verification Form

Complaint Form

Kevin Wunderlin LLC / Post Office Box 268 / Platteville, WI 53818


Office Hours:
Monday thru Thursday 8am to 6pm / Fridays - 8am to 6pm
Closed Saturdays and Sundays / Closed for Holidays
After hours and weekends, please send an email if you have any problems.